Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How To Save Money On Produce

 

I have a very easy tip for you today on how to save lots of money on produce. We eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, despite how it may sound sometimes. ;) We love to eat fruit for breakfast, lunches, snacks, and dessert {sometimes, let's not push it... :)}. The cost can add up, though, even if you buy it on sale. I've used this tip the last couple of months and we've been able to buy more fruits and vegetables for less money.

Price match Aldi's produce prices at Walmart
Note: This will only work if you have an Aldi in your area.

This really could not be easier. All I do is look up the Aldi weekly ad {new ads start every Wednesday} and if there's anything I want, I print out the ad.

This ad is effective until July 23, 2013.
Then you just take your printed ad {you can also show it on your phone}, show it to the cashier, and they'll change the price right there at the register. No manager required! This is what I bought a couple of weeks ago for only $5.96!! The watermelon was $2.99, the cantaloupe was $0.99, and the strawberries were $0.99 per package. Even at regular Walmart prices, these same items would have been over $12.00.


Now, let me just say that I adore Publix and do pretty much all of my other shopping there {and I save a lot more money than I would at Walmart on those items}. It's always so clean and organized, they have great sales, they're very coupon friendly, and the people that work there are incredibly helpful and friendly. Like they say, it truly is a pleasure to shop at Publix, and, well...at Walmart, it's just not. I would much rather buy all of our produce at Publix, but considering how much more produce I can buy at Walmart by price matching, it's kind of hard to pay Publix prices. Even with their sale prices, the same produce above would have been around $15.00. I may change my ways when school starts and life gets busier again, but for now, I'll probably be making a weekly trip to Walmart in addition to Publix.

If you know me at all, you know I love using coupons. I learned everything I know {including this price matching tip} from these websites. Check them out if you want to learn more. :)

Southern Savers - This one has great videos and tutorials.
Passionate Penny Pincher

Have a great week!! :)

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1