Friday, July 26, 2013

{5 on Friday} July 26, 2013

Happy Friday! I hope y'all have some fun plans for this weekend! We'll be busy tonight and tomorrow morning cooking, cleaning, and getting ready for our family cookout tomorrow night! I'm so excited to get everybody together for lots of food and fun! Last year, we played some Minute to Win It games and it. was. hilarious. {Ummm, Face the Cookie? Too funny!} I'm thinking I need to look up some new ones for us to play this year.

Anyway, I'm linking up with Darci at the good life blog for 5 on Friday again this week. Here's a little of what's been going on around here lately along with a few of my favorite finds from the week!

One.
On Tuesday morning, I got to go see a movie with my sister and Vanna. It's things like this that I will miss so much when school starts in just a couple of weeks! If you're in Birmingham and have kids, you should really check out Carmike Cinemas in Lee Branch. They do a movie for kids every Tuesday morning and it's only $4 {even for adults}! It includes a little tray with popcorn, fruit snacks, and a drink, too! Vanna was so cute carrying her little popcorn tray. She's growing up way too fast!

Two.
So do y'all remember how I talked about how I've been obsessing over what kind of cheesecake I'm going to order when Daniel and I go to The Cheesecake Factory for our annual "back to school" date? Well, do I have some good news for you {and me}! Looks like I'm going to get to go twice because next Tuesday, July 30th is National Cheesecake Day {what a wonderful day!} and The Cheesecake Factory is celebrating by offering any slice of cheesecake at half price!!! It's true! Squeal! We'll be there, for sure! Looks like I'll get to try two of these! :)


Three.
So I was doing laundry this week and I found the coolest tip for folding t-shirts. It is so speedy! I actually had fun while folding about 15 of Daniel's white t-shirts. It was like a little game! I know, that's a little strange, but if I can make folding laundry more fun, I'm all for it! A neat stack of uniformly folded t-shirts makes me happy! Anyway, here's the video. I only had to watch it twice {with a few pauses here and there} before I had it down pat!


And speaking of laundry, I am definitely guilty of doing this {especially during the school year}!


Four.
Daniel and I went to the school on Tuesday night so he could help me do a lot of the heavy lifting stuff. I had to move my classroom this year so getting ready for the school year is going to take a lot more work. This is what we walked into.


And don't forget about the closet. I'm tempted to just keep the door closed and forget about it. Oh wait, I'll probably need some of that stuff. Anyway, we actually got a lot done in just a few hours. I'll probably head back for a couple of days next week and then *try* to forget about school for the last week and a half. Here's what the classroom looked like when we left.


Five.
And here's a little bit of weekend humor for you...a lovely collection of engagement photos that will make you happy you're single. You're welcome.


And just for fun, here's one of our engagement pictures from three years ago! :)


Whatever you end up doing this weekend, I hope you have a wonderful one!! :)

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

3 comments:

  1. gonna have to try the t-shirt thing!!! I was super excited about the cheesecake factory's half off cheesecake with purchase of a meal! I tried to get the s'mores cheesecake the other day, but it would have paid to read the sign first! And your classroom looks AWESOME already, I need to get busy... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even have to buy a meal! Last year, we went and just got cheesecake to go! I'm SO excited (ridiculously so)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I misinterpreted "dine in only" but we did end up going to day for Sophia's birthday dinner, it turns out that is exactly where she wanted to go ;) I did really want lunch there anyway :) I ended up getting my favorite appetizer: Chicken Samosas and a small house salad and ordered Crusted Chicken Romano for the girls so I could have the leftovers (that are cooling as I type) and Chris ordered off the new menu and got the Chile Releno (sp?) burger. He devoured that thing in NO time!!!! guys! As far as half off cheesecakes go Olivia and Madeline split the new Smore's cheesecake (it was SOOOOO good) and I got the Dulce De Leche's Caramel Cheesecake, it tastes just like the one my friend made for my birthday :) and Chris went with the cookie dough... Can't wait to hear what you got!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1