Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Oreo Truffles {3 Ingredients!}

We had our family cookout this past weekend and it was so much fun to see everyone and get to spend some time together {and eats lots of food}. I realized late in the evening that I had not taken one picture. Not one. :(

Well, I guess I took one picture. These Oreo truffles. Yes. I first made these two years ago for Christmas and they were such a hit that I've made them for several of our family gatherings since. My nieces and nephews especially love them. And of course I do, too. They do involve Oreos, after all. :)

These truffles really couldn't be easier and the results are fancier than you would think considering how easy they are to make! You only need a package of Oreos, one package of cream cheese, and white almond bark {found in the baking section of your grocery store}. You could also dip them in chocolate almond bark, but my favorite is the white.

{Source}
You definitely need to try these for your next party! I'm pretty sure they'll become one of your favorites, too! :)


Oreo Truffles
Makes approximately 30 truffles
Printer Friendly Version

1 package Oreos (reserve one Oreo for sprinkling)
1 (8 oz) package light cream cheese
1 package white almond bark

  1. Place all but one of the Oreos into a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
  2. Add the cream cheese to the food processor and process until the mixture is fully combined.
  3. Roll the mixture into one inch balls and chill for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Dip the truffles into the melted almond bark and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet to set up. To garnish, sprinkle with Oreo crumbs, drizzle with melted chocolate, etc... Store in the refrigerator.

Notes:

  • I use my Pampered Chef small cookie scoop to scoop the truffles and then I roll them into balls.
  • If the almond bark is too thick, you can thin it out by adding a teaspoon of vegetable oil at a time. This will also give it a nice shine.
  • To dip, place a toothpick in the truffle, dip into the almond bark, lift the truffle off of the toothpick with a fork, and then push the truffle off of the fork with the toothpick.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

8 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! Love me some Oreos.

    Found you over at Chef in Training. I am co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays
    this week and would love for you to link up this recipe.

    http://www.lorisculinarycreations.com/2013/07/TastyTuesdays2.html

    Lori

    Lori’s Culinary Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! So glad you found me! I did link up with Tasty Tuesdays! Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I LOVE the look of these truffles & only 3 ingredients??? Yes, please! :) I just wanted to thank you for sharing these at Tasty Tuesdays & to let you know that I'll be featuring them on Friday on Anyonita Nibbles's facebook page. As a featured blogger, I've also started following you via GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest & Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, everything about this is right! Truffles are so great because they are easy but look all glam :) Have you tried cake batter truffles? Equally awesome. Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are delicious! Thank you so much for featuring them and for following me! I've added your link to the post. I usually add my link up link right after I post, but yesterday I forgot. Thanks again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! I love how easy they are but still impressive! I haven't tried cake batter truffles but they sound amazing! I'll have to try them! :) Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These things are like heaven... I'm not a huge fan of Oreo but WOW is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, sweetheart! I know it's saying a lot that you love these and don't even like Oreos! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1