Friday, July 19, 2013

{5 on Friday} July 19, 2013

Happy Friday! I hope y'all have had a great week! My summer is wasting away so quickly so I did a whole lot of nothing {productive, at least} this week. I get that way when I know life is about to get crazy. This closet is waiting on me at school...and I'm not looking forward to it. But, I still have a few weeks and I will savor every minute! :) Here's my five on Friday for this week.

One.
Daniel was involved in a pretty intensive men's Bible study called Top Gun for the last ten months at our church. Just some of the things it focused on were how to study and apply Scripture, marriage, parenting, ministering within the church and community, and accountability with other Christian men. Last Friday night, they held a dinner and "graduation" for everyone who had completed the program. It was such an awesome experience to hear Daniel and these other men talk about what they had learned and how they'd grown closer to the Lord. I'm so excited that the program is going to continue this fall and that Daniel will have an opportunity to lead other men in the study.




Two.
I have been wanting a framed chalkboard for such a long time now and I just could not seem to find one that was the right size, frame color, style, etc... I just happened to be talking about it one night in the office while Daniel was in a Google Hangout with one of his friends and it just so happens that his friend makes them! He made me one in the exact color, finish, {distressed ivory} and size that I've been wanting! I love it and can't wait to use it!


Three.
Every year, Daniel takes me on a "back to school" date the weekend before school starts. I tend to, umm...stress eat, around that time of year. Carbs are my favorite. We went to Cheesecake Factory a couple of years ago and I almost chased the waiter down when he took our bread basket away that still had a little bread left in it. Ummm, kindly ask the people that are eating if they're finished before snatching bread away next time?! Anyway! We're going to go back to Cheesecake Factory this year for our date and I've already been obsessing over the cheesecake menu online {wanting to know what I've been up to this week? :)} trying to decide what I'm going to order for dessert. {Who can decide what they want on the spot with a gigantic menu like that? It takes time, people!} Right now, I'm torn between Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake, and Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake. Seriously, how am I going to decide? This decision most certainly does take three weeks to think about!

{Source}

Four.
Anybody else watching Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls? It's insane. Daniel totally wants to do it {he's crazy}, but he would definitely have to find a partner that is anybody that is not me. The minute they tried to get me to eat a fish eyeball {like a giant fish eyeball...this was no goldfish eyeball}, I'd be out.

{Source}

Five.
Our niece, Vanna, is spending the night with us tonight for the first time. I remember spending the night with my aunt and having so much fun! We are so excited! Right now the plans are to go to an outdoor movie at the park, make homemade ice cream, and play our little hearts out. I'm seeing lots of "Let's Go Fishin'" in our weekend. :)

{Source}
I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!! :)


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have a fantastic idea for what you can use that chalkboard for!!! :) Congratulations to Daniel on his graduation. And have a great time with your sweet niece this weekend! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1