Friday, July 12, 2013

{5 on Friday} July 12, 2013

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with the good life blog again for Five on Friday! Here's a peek into what's been going on lately. :)


One.
I had a Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino on the way to the airport for our vacation and it was so, so good. I've pretty much been thinking about it ever since. I did a little digging and found this copycat recipe. It was actually pretty close. I attempted to make a frappuccino at home before and it was pretty much a disaster. It tasted like watery milk with a hint of coffee. This recipe taught me a neat little trick...coffee ice cubes!!! Anyway, when I make it again I'd probably add one more coffee ice cube {I used 5} and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe one less Oreo. {What?!} But that's the cool thing about recipes like this, you can totally make it however it tastes good to you.


Two.
My friend Mandy had a Stella & Dot trunk show a few weeks ago and I bought these earrings. I love them and they'll go with pretty much anything! I wore them several times on our vacation.


Three.
Before we went to the Fourth of July BBQ and fireworks show with my parents, I asked Daniel if he could stop by Academy on his way home from work to pick up a couple of those foldable chairs. I walked in our room that afternoon to find him chillin' in front of the TV in a hot pink camping chair. He seriously makes me laugh like crazy every day!


Four.
My sister, Vanna, and I went shopping at Hobby Lobby yesterday and I found this canvas. I just love it, but I really don't know where to put it. The color doesn't really go with much in my house. I will be finding a spot for it, though, because I love it that much.


Five.
I had some extra strawberries that we needed to eat last weekend, so I decided to whip up some strawberry parfaits. Basically, it was banana pudding with strawberries instead of the bananas. It was super yummy! Oh, and I love making individual desserts in these clear plastic cups. I know I saw the idea somewhere on Pinterest.


Well, whatever you end up doing, I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!! Stay tuned next week for an amazing lasagna recipe and find out why I cried {twice!} the very first time I cooked dinner for Daniel!



post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously! I MUST try that copycat recipe! I love those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic of Daniel is cracking me up!! And I love the earrings you picked out from the show! And you're so sweet to tag me too! :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1