Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July

I hope y'all had a great Fourth of July yesterday! It was a rainy one here, but we still enjoyed it. My parents' neighborhood puts on a barbecue and a fireworks show every year. We went last year and loved it and were so excited to go again this year. Here we all are outside the clubhouse in their neighborhood.




It had rained right before we got there so pretty much all of the tables under the tent they had set up were taken. We ended up sitting at some tables outside and thankfully it didn't rain. I could really get used to this view for dinner. :)


Here we are after a yummy barbecue dinner - my mom, me, my sister Aliesha, and my niece Vanna. She was very excited about all of the Fourth of July fun and looked adorable in her patriotic outfit! :)


The fireworks show was fabulous!! It really was one of the best I've ever seen. Funny story...one of the songs they played was "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. I mean it's a classic Fourth of July song - they had to play it. That song came out around the time I was in third grade, I think {wow, that makes me feel old!}. I loved it so much and wrote down all the words one day. I took the paper to school and told all my friends that I wrote it!! Isn't that crazy?! I have no idea what possessed me to do that! Makes me understand my third graders a little better. They can definitely tell some stories, that's for sure!

So thankful for this fun night of precious time with my family.


What are your plans for the weekend? It looks like we'll have another rainy weekend around here. We don't really have any plans other than making homemade ice cream! I'll share how we did if it turns out. Fingers crossed!! :) Whatever you end up doing, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

You can view our summer to do list here and print one of your own!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1