Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Frosting is one of my favorite things to make. I absolutely love watching butter, sugar, and whipping cream come together and get all fluffy and beautiful! Really, those three ingredients can make anything taste amazing! Yesterday, I posted a recipe for my favorite white cake that tastes almost exactly like the cake we had at our wedding. Today, I'm sharing the recipe for the vanilla buttercream frosting I always make with this cake. When I was on the hunt for a copycat cake recipe, I found this frosting recipe on the same blog. In her description, she said that it reminded her of the frosting at Olexa's in Mountain Brook. That was all it took for me to try it. If you're in Birmingham and you've been to Olexa's, you understand what I'm talking about. Oh my goodness, their cake! They serve it warm and it is SO delicious! And the frosting...it's perfect. Well, this frosting is pretty darn close.



Make the cake, make the frosting, and pray for some self-control.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, room temperature
6 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.

Source: Plain Chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1