Saturday, June 1, 2013

Chuck E. Cheese!

I love summer break! I get to do so many things that I can't do during the school year...like have a picnic in the park with my sister and niece. On a Friday. At noon. I love it! Getting to spend more time with my family during the summer is one of my favorite things.

After our picnic in the park, I took our niece, Vanna, home with me for the rest of the afternoon. Daniel and I have been wanting to take her to Chuck E. Cheese for a while and we finally got to go last night. She knew we were going somewhere but didn't know where. After we told her where we were going, Daniel had her convinced that he was going to change into a mouse suit before we left. He told her that Chuck (Chuck E.? Chuck E. Cheese? Mr. Cheese?) really likes it when people do that.


We had SO much fun! I think we had just as much fun as she did. She was so excited that she just ran from one game to another. I think she rode this carousel three times. One time when she rode it, there were already two other kids on it. Well, there's only one spot for a token and the dad of the other two kids just kept walking around the carousel acting like he couldn't find where to put the token until we put one in. We were totally on to your scheme, Mr. I'm Pretending I Can't Find Where to Put the Token. ;)


Vanna also loved these racing games. I'm pretty sure Uncle D loved them just as much! ;) She had to sit in his lap since she couldn't reach the pedals. It was precious.


One thing Daniel and I learned at Chuck E. Cheese is that some parents do NOT watch their kids! Vanna was in one of those moving car rides where it kind of jerks you around and you have to wear a seat belt. The ride had already started and a sweet little girl came over and tried to get in while it was moving {no parents in sight!}! We told her that Vanna was almost done and she could ride in just a minute. As soon as Vanna got out, this girl climbed on in. Daniel and I watched as Vanna helped her get in and buckled her seat belt for her. It was the cutest thing! Way to take care of business, Vanna!


Nights like last night are one of the big reasons I wanted to start this blog. I want to remember the big things, the small things, and everything in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1