Friday, June 21, 2013

{5 on Friday} June 21, 2013

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope y'all have had a great week! I'm linking up today with the good life blog for 5 on Friday this week!


1. We made a little headway on our summer to do list when we went to an outdoor concert last weekend. It was on the golf course that's in my parents' neighborhood so not only did we get to listen to music, we got to enjoy the gorgeous scenery. There's just something about outdoor concerts that feels SO summery. While we were there, we got dinner from an {overpriced} food truck. Food trucks seem to be so popular now. I felt so trendy. :) The food was just okay...pickled fried okra with a tomato feta salad (that was my favorite part-I LOVE feta!).




2. *Mushy Alert* ;) Daniel worked from home two days this week and I absolutely loved it. We are seriously that couple that LOVES to hang out with each other ALL the time! Love him!

Random picture!
3. In just three days, we are leaving for our anniversary trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico! We went there for our honeymoon three years ago and loved it. We're going to a different resort this time, though. We are SO ready for some sun, sand, and complete relaxation. Oh, and food...lots of food. (See #4)



4. Speaking of heading to the beach, does anyone have any tips on how to lose 15 pounds in three days? Ha! In a last ditch effort, we've cut out all sugar this week and it. has. been. tough! Talk about procrastination, right?! I know. It's been funny to see how hard it is for Daniel every night. He has become a complete sugar fanatic since he met me {oops!} and has been craving sweets like crazy! I can't tease him too much, though, because I'm completely the same way. See this top corner of my pantry? Yeah, that's where I've stashed two packages of Oreos {my favorite!}, marshmallows, Hershey bars, and Reese's cups. I do have plans for all that stuff - I promise I didn't just buy it for the heck of it. Although, I have been known to buy Halloween candy early thinking I'm all ahead of the game, aaaaaannd then I end up having to go buy more before trick or treat night! I'm not alone, am I? Anyway, all of this stuff is for s'mores and Oreo truffles for our upcoming family barbecue {more summer to do list stuff!}. BUT, that corner of the pantry has been calling my name!! I tried to hide it with a box of Wheat Thins and a canister of oatmeal thinking that the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing might work, but no. I know it's there, all day every day. We're looking forward to some sweets, that is for sure!! :)


5. My dad recently added some custom built-ins to our home office and I am in love with it! It's been in kind of an "under construction" phase the last few weeks, and I've been so excited to get it completely finished. My mom and I went shopping last week for some accessories, and my rug came in yesterday so she and my dad came over to help me put everything all together! I still have some things that I'll need to add to the bookshelves, but I'm going to add to them them slowly so I can add meaningful things instead of just buying a bunch of stuff to fill them up! Here's a little sneak peek of some of the accessories! {I'll do another post all about the new office soon...complete with before and after pictures! I love a good before and after!}


I hope everyone has a great weekend! We're going miniature golfing - crossing off another item on our summer to do list! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1