Wednesday, February 19, 2014

36 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

How Far Along: 36 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: According to BabyCenter, the baby is the size of a head of romaine lettuce. She's more than 18.5 inches long now and weighs 6 pounds. She gains about an ounce a day!

Total Weight Gain: Don't know, don't care. I'm lying. I DO care, but I'm trying not think about it!

Gender: It's a girl!! And she now has a first *and* middle name, Emery Faith. We went back and forth for months with a few names and finally one night I told Daniel he was just going to have to decide because I couldn't. About three seconds later, he said "Faith" and that was that. :) I love it.

Maternity Clothes: For sure.

Wedding Rings On/Off: My rings are still fine, but are getting just a tiny bit snug.

Stretch Marks: Still just the same ones I've had for a little while now. I'm thankful no new ones have popped up yet.

Sleep: It's been good and bad. Some nights I sleep great, and other nights I wake up super early and just end up getting up and going to work {like today...gotta get that maternity leave binder finished}. I do wake up at least once every single night around 3:00.

Cravings/Aversions: I've been really thirsty for water lately. Seafood {mainly shrimp} has also sounded good, but I know I have to be careful with what I eat and how much. Sweets are still my favorite, but I don't really think that has anything to do with being pregnant. ;)

Symptoms: The worst thing right now is how swollen my legs, angles, and feet are. They seriously freak me out sometimes. I'm afraid I might get stretch marks on my feet! I'm still drinking lots of water and putting my feet up as much as I can. I've even started to put my feet up on the little chairs in my classroom sometimes. The only other thing I've been dealing with is heartburn. It's not every day, but when I do get it, it's pretty bad. Other than that, I'm really feeling pretty good! The back pain is pretty much gone!

Movement: She's been kind of ornery lately and gave us a little scare on Sunday morning. Usually she's really active in the mornings, but I didn't feel anything for a couple of hours. We just kept waiting and waiting, and finally she started moving around again. I'm thinking it's just that she's running out of room, but it still worried me.

Mood: Happy, excited, and nervous!

What I Miss: Feet that fit in my shoes.

Looking Forward To: I can't wait to get my maternity leave binder finished. It is crazy overwhelming. I've gotten a lot done this week, and I'm so ready for the day when I can say it's done. It will be so nice to not have to worry about school for two months!

Best Moment This Week: We had a great Valentine's Day weekend! We went to Bonefish Grill {that wasn't so great} and went to see Endless Love which was a sweet movie. Daniel and I talked about it afterward, though, and it's funny how we look at those movies differently now that we have a daughter coming!! On Saturday, we got lots of other things done to get ready for Emery's arrival! I feel like we can pretty much say we're ready!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1