Wednesday, February 12, 2014

35 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.
I got this week's chalkboard idea from here.

How Far Along: 35 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: According to BabyCenter, the baby is the size of a honeydew melon. She's over 18 inches long now and weighs about 5.25 pounds. It says that most of her physical development is done and she'll just spend the next few weeks gaining weight {along with me}.

Total Weight Gain: Plenty!

Gender: It's a girl!!

Maternity Clothes: Definitely!! I'm looking forward to wearing some of my normal clothes...if they ever fit again. But, I'm *sure* I will miss maternity pants quite a bit at times, like on Thanksgiving every day!!

Wedding Rings On/Off: I can still wear my rings just fine since I haven't had much swelling at all in my hands. My legs and feet, though? That's another story.

Stretch Marks: Still just the same ones I've had for a little while now. I'm thankful no new ones have popped up yet.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well this week! I still wake up a few times every night, but I've been able to go back to sleep a little easier than before. I've also gotten to sleep late the last two days because we've had *two* glorious snow days!!!

Cravings/Aversions: Once again, I really can't think of anything specific that I've just had to have right that second. Last night around 10:00, I mentioned Chick-fil-a, but they were closed so I was out of luck. It still didn't feel like a super strong craving, though. It just sounded really good, and let's face it, Chick-fil-a pretty much always sounds really good.

Symptoms: The back pain has been *so* much better this past week! I'm so thankful for that! I still get twinges when I get up and lean over, but it's nothing like before. The heartburn is still pretty bad, especially on days I'm at work. Seriously, I was home yesterday and didn't get heartburn at all. Is it stress related sometimes? The biggest symptom I'm having right now is crazy swelling in my legs and feet. My feet were *so* puffy the other night that it kind of freaked me out. I'm talking serious balloon feet, people. I've been drinking lots of water and keeping them elevated as much as I can.

Movement: She's still moving a ton! I've been getting several kicks in the ribs. We're also able to see lots of kicks from the outside, too. :)

Mood: Happy, excited, and nervous!

What I Miss: Just little things {old clothes, putting on socks myself...}, nothing big. I'm trying to soak in every last moment of being pregnant.

Looking Forward To: Valentine's Day weekend...our last one without a baby! Daniel's coming to eat lunch with me at school, and then we're going out to dinner and a movie on Friday night.

Best Moment This Week: My mom and sister threw me a beautiful baby shower on Sunday! Everything was just so pretty, sweet, and perfect. They are just the best! I was so thankful for the sweet friends and family that came to celebrate with me. We got so many wonderful things and Daniel and I had so much fun going through everything in the nursery that night. Everything is really starting to come together! We have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

UA-41563965-1