Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday {May 30, 2014}

Woohoo, it's Friday!!! It's been an exciting couple of weeks around here. Since I've kind of fallen off the blogging bandwagon here lately {there's a *great* reason for that ;)}, I thought I'd recap our last couple of weeks with a fun Five on Friday post.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

One.
I went back to work last Monday for the last week of school. Call me crazy. It's seriously the most wild week of the school year, but in a way, it was a really fun week to go back. The kids were so sweet on Monday and I was so happy to see them. I missed Emery soooo much, though. I cried almost every morning and couldn't wait to go get her every afternoon. I even left my classroom in utter disarray at the end of the day! This is so not like me... This week, we had to go back for teacher work days and I packed up my classroom for good. I grew up dreaming of being a teacher and played school every chance I got. My play classroom was serious business, y'all. I had a chalkboard, bulletin boards that I changed monthly, a teacher desk, grade book, lesson plan book, and stickers. Oh, the stickers. I'm so thankful that I got to live out the dream of being a teacher for 7 years, and now I'm oh so incredibly grateful that I get to live out another dream and stay home with my sweet baby girl. It's a gigantic blessing that I won't ever take for granted.

My first classroom
The nameplate on the desk was a gift I got when I was about 10 years old. That's all I ever asked for...teacher stuff. :)
Saying goodbye...
Two.
My sweet niece, Vanna, graduated from preschool a couple of weeks ago! HOW is that possible?! It was such a cute program. They marched in wearing their cute little hats and sang songs that I sang in Sunday school like "I'm in the Lord's Army" and a personal favorite, "This Little Light of Mine". Although I always preferred this jazzier version by Psalty the Singing Songbook. I'm sure my parents and sister are having flashbacks right now of me belting it out in the car. :) Anyway, I was armed at the graduation with Kleenex, but Vanna kept me smiling...especially when she used her rolled up diploma as a spy glass. I. Loved. It. When they called her name, they said that she wanted to be "an ice cream lady who tastes the ice cream and makes sure all the ingredients are right". That is my kind of job! I picked her up from school that day and we went to Bruster's to celebrate her graduation and future career. ;)


Cutie pie.

Three.
Speaking of graduations, another one of my nieces, Jayma, is graduating from HIGH SCHOOL tomorrow. Stop it right now. I cannot believe it. I remember when she was BORN, when she called grapes "glapes", when she wore her hair in these cute little curly pigtails. And now she's an absolutely beautiful young woman on her way to college! We're so proud of her and can't wait to see her graduate!

Another cutie pie.

Four.
I heart Weight Watchers. Not really, because who loves watching their weight, but I love that it works. I've lost 11.2 pounds in three weeks. Hallelujah. Baby weight be gone! So obviously I didn't go on a crazy candy eating binge like the CVS cashier probably thought I would. Click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's a funny story. Those darn name tags get me every time.

Five.
Speaking of Weight Watchers, one of my favorite things to eat lately is Greek salad. My sister came over for lunch one day recently and brought the most delicious Greek salad. It's so super easy, too. The dressing is just 2/3 cup olive oil, 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1 clove of minced garlic. Then I just toss it with salad mix {sweet butter is my fave!}, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta seasoned with a little oregano. On Weight Watchers, all of that is free except for the dressing and feta so I can eat a big yummy salad for only 4 points! Love it!

I'll leave you with these pictures of my little sweetie. Oh my heart.

 

Whatever you end up doing this weekend, I hope it's wonderful! :)

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1