Wednesday, March 5, 2014

38 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

How Far Along: 38 weeks and 1 day. I can't help but wonder if this will be my last update!

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is the size of a pumpkin. She's 19.5 inches long now and weighs just under 7 pounds.

Total Weight Gain: About 35 pounds. Not going to worry about it! At least not today.

Gender: It's a girl!! Her name is Emery Faith.

Maternity Clothes: Ummm. Yes. I'm ready for a little more variety in my wardrobe, but I'm having anxiety about parting with my maternity pants. :-\

Wedding Rings On/Off: I'm still able to wear them. They've been a little snug a few days this week and totally fine on other days. The swelling in my hands is pretty random.

Stretch Marks: Just the same ones. I am really, really hoping that they'll go away if I keep doing the tummy butter after Emery is born.

Sleep: My new wake up time is 3:30 a.m. I sleep great once I fall asleep, but every morning I wake up around 3:30 and *cannot* get back to sleep. And I'm so, so, so tired.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing super specific. We've been eating a lot of ice cream cones and milkshakes lately, but I've always loved those, so nothing really new there. We seem to go through ice cream phases. The last place we lived was about 2 minutes away from a McDonald's and we went through a phase where we would go get ice cream cones every single night...probably for a solid month.

Symptoms: Honestly, I'm feeling about the same as last week. I'm incredibly tired which is really the worst thing. I still have some major swelling in my feet and ankles, but it's a little better now that I'm wearing flip flops pretty much every day. I've had heartburn a few days, but it hasn't been too bad. Moving around is getting more and more difficult, but I still feel like I really can't complain at all.

Movement: She's been hanging out most of the time under my rib cage on the right side and is still moving quite a bit! I just can't wait to see her kick her little feet in person.

Mood: Happy, excited, and nervous!

What I Miss: Nothing other than sleep, really. But it's not like my lack of sleep will change much after she's born so there's not much sense in missing it! ;)

Looking Forward To: We have our 38 week doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. We're going to get an ultrasound to see how big Emery is and then figure out what we're going to do from there. It should be an exciting appointment! I'm also planning to get a prenatal massage {Daniel got me one for Christmas} and a pedicure in the next few days.

Best Moment This Week: Knowing that this is my last week at work before my maternity leave begins has been wonderful! I'm hoping to have at least a couple of days at home before Emery is born so I can kind of get my mind out of school mode. In nursery news, the letters I ordered came in this week. I'm loving them! Now if I can just decide where I want to hang them, we'll be good. True story: our big wedding picture canvas is still propped against the wall in our bedroom. We'll be married four years in June. Indecisive doesn't even begin to describe me.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1