Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry, merry! {Christmas 2013}

Oh my goodness! Christmas just blew past me this year! The week after Christmas is always kind of a bummer. The decorations just lose their twinkle, the music isn't as magical, and all the Christmas treats just don't taste as good. Wait. No, I take that last part back. ;)

We had a great Christmas this year...


Our last one as a family of two!


We all went to the Christmas Eve service at church and then headed back to my parents' house for dinner, presents, and a visit from Santa!




He made a drive through their neighborhood on a fire truck. We knew when he was scheduled to come and we told Vanna to listen closely because she was going to like what was about to happen. Her first thought? The ice cream truck! :)



Here he comes!


 Look at that sweet, excited smile!!



After we saw Santa, it was time to open presents!


Even the baby got some presents!! These little footie sleepers just own me. I can't even stand the cuteness.


Christmas morning for Daniel and I was probably the most laid-back that it will be for many years! We slept late, had a leisurely breakfast with coffee and hot chocolate, and then opened presents.


Daniel made bows for every single one of my presents. I love that.


He was especially proud of his "tri-color" bow and will be oh so happy that I featured it on the blog. ;)


This was Daniel's big gift this year. He was very surprised to open it and find...


One boot! I wrapped them separately because I knew he would know exactly what his gift was if I wrapped the box they came in! I figured a little trickery was in order. Remember what he did to me on my birthday with the PowerAdes in my present?


Stockings have always been one of my favorite parts of Christmas presents and Daniel did a great job on mine this year. Just a few of things in it were Oreos {of course}, Fudge Rounds {my mom is shaking her head}, nail polish, and the big stocking stuffer...a gift certificate for a prenatal massage. I can't wait to use that in a few weeks!! Oh, and both of our stockings had something in common.

Reese's trees!! Why are they *so* much better than regular Reese's cups?!


I'm always sad when Christmas is over, but we're anxiously and excitedly looking ahead to 2014. We know the best is yet to come!!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!! I remember the Christmas I was pregnant with Jackson was the only Christmas when I wasn't sad it was over b/c I knew that it just meant we were that much closer to meeting him! :) And I am super impressed with Daniel's bow making skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ladies and gentlemen! I know have rocked your Christmas world with the tri-color bow. I know! what can I say i'm just gifted... I will try to host a bow making workshop next year. weather permitting can't make any promises... Just kidding, love you darling great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1