Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Rewind {Another Birthday Celebration}

I've mentioned before that September is a *big* birthday month for our family. Well, this year September was not only a big birthday month, it was a *big* birthday for me. Yes, I said goodbye to my twenties. I'm not sure yet how I feel about that, but everyone tells me that the thirties are some of the best years. I will say that my thirties are definitely off to a good start since they're starting with me becoming a mom. :)


Since it was a big birthday, Daniel wanted to plan something a little extra to celebrate. I've mentioned my love for Japanese steakhouses before. Well, my sweet husband remembered this and planned a night for my parents, my sister and her family, and us to go to one of our favorite Japanese steakhouses. I was so excited when I heard that he picked Mizu because it's been a couple of years since we've been there!



Vanna wanted to take a picture so Mommy {my sister} could be in it. So sweet! She didn't do a bad job, either! :)


One of the things I was most excited about was seeing how Vanna reacted to the chef cooking right in front of us. She was a little leery about the fire at first, but after seeing all the action at some of the other tables, she was pretty excited about seeing everything! I love these pictures of her!!




Daniel couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate my birthday. We had so much fun! {Side note: Those hibachi chefs could really work on being a little less sloppy at the table. My goodness!}


After dinner, we came back to our house for one more birthday surprise. Daniel asked my mom to make me my absolute favorite cake...German chocolate. My mom makes the *best* German chocolate cake! {I'm so mad that I didn't get a picture of it!}

It was such a fun night with my family! I'm so thankful that he planned it. It definitely made turning 30 a little sweeter. ;)


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1