Wednesday, October 9, 2013

17 Weeks



Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

How Far Along: 17 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is the size of an onion and is about 5.1 inches long.

Total Weight Gain: +4.5 pounds I lost a pound this week. I guess the gain from last week was all the birthday celebrations!

Gender: Next week is our big ultrasound!! We are SO excited to know what this little baby is!

Maternity Clothes: I'm still able to wear both regular clothes and maternity clothes, but I find myself gravitating more to the maternity clothes that I have because they are *so* much more comfortable!

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Stretch Marks: None yet

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well most of the time this week and waking up less in the middle of the night. There are still a couple of nights when I wake up super early and cannot go back to sleep!! I've been having *crazy* dreams, though. I can't remember many details once I'm fully awake, but they are *weird.*

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really new this week. I'm still not eating a whole lot of meat. I'm wanting lots of water...and it has to be *really* cold. Lots of ice is a must.

Symptoms: As I mentioned before, I'm having really weird dreams {none about the baby yet, though}. I'm still pretty tired, but I have days where I feel like I have a little more energy. My sense of smell is also completely off the charts. If I cook with onions or garlic, I smell it in the house for WEEKS {and if you read the chalkboard, you know I don't enjoy that}! I've started using frozen chopped onions and jarred minced garlic which has helped a little! And my Scentsy is always on and my pumpkin candles are always burning!

Mood: Overall, I'm still really happy most of the time. I do cry even easier than normal, though...and anyone that knows me well knows that it already didn't take much {at all} to make me cry. I once cried at a dolphin show at the Georgia Aquarium. I know. It's not even like I'm a huge dolphin lover or anything! I just kept thinking about how proud their trainers probably were. So...that probably gives you an idea of how often I'm crying these days. :)

What I Miss: I would really love some sushi! I'll have to wait until March for that, though!

Looking Forward To: Finding out if this sweet baby is a boy or a girl and also feeling those first flutters!

Best Moment This Week: Daniel and I went on a Starbucks date this weekend. We went to Starbucks *all the time* when we were dating. It was fun to sit there now that we're expecting our first baby and talk about all those sweet memories.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. Happy 17 weeks!!! Only one more week and you will be finding out what that sweet baby is!!! :) I can't wait to find out! Hopefully you won't be waking up at 3:30 am anymore from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sushi for you! Maybe after the baby is here. My hunch is that it's a girl... :) We will find out soon!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1