Wednesday, October 30, 2013

20 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

How Far Along: 20 weeks and 1 day, I *cannot* believe I'm halfway there! These weeks are just flying by!

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is the size of a banana, weighs almost 10 ounces, and is about 6.5 inches long.

Total Weight Gain: +9.5 pounds, I gained three pounds this week. I'm pretty sure part of that has something to do with the ridiculous amount of Halloween candy I've eaten in the past week.

Gender: It's a girl!!

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes with just a few pre-pregnancy things mixed in.

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Stretch Marks: None yet

Sleep: I've been sleeping just okay these past few nights. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable because I really want to sleep on my stomach. I'm not really waking up that often in the middle of the night, but I just don't wake up feeling very rested. I also sometimes get sharp pains when I roll over. They're very temporary, so I'm not really worried about them. I'm thinking maybe it's just the ligaments that are stretching? That might be a ridiculous idea...let me know if you know what it is! :)

Cravings/Aversions: Anything really cold is my favorite right now (strawberry Luigi's Italian ice!). And...like I said above, Halloween candy has been my friend this week. Well...I guess the word "friend" is debatable since I gained 3 pounds. :-/

Symptoms: I'm really feeling pretty good for the most part. I still have very random nausea, but I think I've figured out that it hits me when I take my prenatal vitamins without enough food. One weird thing that's happening is that my ears will plug up randomly during the day. It's like when you're driving in the mountains. I have no idea why this is a symptom of pregnancy but I read about it in "What to Expect..." Very weird.

Movement: I'm so excited that I can finally say that I've *definitely* felt her move. At first, I was just feeling her at night when I would lay in bed really still, but now I feel movement quite a few times off and on throughout the day. It's such a weird feeling, but I absolutely love it!

Mood: Happy!!!

What I Miss: I'm really not missing anything, but if I had to say something it would be moving around easily. I'm noticing that it's getting hard to get up from a chair or out of the car and bending over to pick something up off the floor is way harder. Thankfully, I have 21 little helpers at school all day that are more than happy to help pick things up for me! I know that all of this will get much harder in the next few months, though, so I'm definitely not complaining!!!!

Looking Forward To: We got the baby's room cleaned out for the most part over the weekend and I can't wait to start buying bedding and cute stuff to decorate!

Best Moment This Week: We bought a crib and changing table/dresser this past weekend! Daniel put the crib together last night, too! We have a crib in our house!!! It's getting real, people!!




post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

4 comments:

  1. Halfway there?! Weren't you just telling me you were expecting?! :) SO many great things to comment about on this post, but first isn't it THE best to feel them move??!! And I love her crib! It looks just like AE's! And I bet the sharp pains are just ligaments stretching- that's what it sounds like to me. But you could always mention it to your doctor if you wanted. Now you get to start the fun part of setting up her nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ligament pain... so much fun huh? ;) I go today to get weighed and I'm a little nervous! lol! I'll probably eating way too much post halloween sale candy. I'm so glad you know for sure now that it is your baby moving. Justin is a little tornado (all day long) and I LOVE every bit of it. There is just something so special about knowing that you are growing a little human and you get to feel them move and grow. I honestly can't even begin to explain how wonderful it all feels to me! That crib and changing table are so pretty! I can't wait to see the room!
    I'm so glad you are doing weekly posts. It's been so exciting for me to follow your progress. I love seeing another post in my inbox! :) Happy halfway mark!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I really can't believe I'm halfway there. In some ways {school!}, I'm SO ready to be done, but I'm also loving being pregnant and don't want to wish it away. I love her crib, too! It's just perfect! :) I cannot wait to start painting and decorating!! I'm glad you think it's just the ligaments...that's what I thought, but it's good to hear someone with experience say the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE feeling her move! It's so much fun! It truly is a miracle...we talk about it every day. I can't wait for Daniel to be able to feel her! We are so excited to start painting and decorating her room!! You know I'll post pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1