Friday, October 4, 2013

{Five on Friday} October 4, 2013

It's finally Friday...and I am SO glad! It's been a killer week around here. Being a teacher is no joke, y'all. It's tough. Be sweet to the teachers in your life! Send them chocolate. It helps. :) Anyway, we've made it to the weekend! We don't have a whole lot planned other than heading out for a Starbucks date. I love, love, love going to Starbucks in the fall! And Starbucks is something from our fall bucket list {although we'll definitely be going more than once this season!}. We both have free birthday drinks on our Starbucks cards, too! Yay! Well, whatever you end up doing this weekend, I hope that you have a wonderful one.


One.
Friday mornings are my favorite morning of the week {this does NOT include weekend mornings! ;)} for several reasons, one being that I give myself permission to get myself some breakfast fuel in the form of Sonic or Burger King. I have gone to Sonic or Burger King every Friday morning so far this school year. I'm not sorry, either. I went to Sonic the first several weeks but then got burned out on their junior breakfast burrito. I was contemplating where to go one Friday and the deliciousness of the Croissan'wich came rushing back to my mind. I haven't looked back since. Egg and cheese Croissan'wich for me, please! And I text Daniel every Friday morning telling him how good that Croissan'wich is. It usually comes up in the evenings, too...and sometimes on Saturdays. If you haven't had one in a while, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to one soon. Yum.


Two.
We are SO excited to find out what Baby Richardson will be! Just a little less than two weeks to wait. We're planning a small gender reveal party for my parents, brother, sister, and their families. Even though it's going to be super small, I still had to make an invitation to send out. I just love how it turned out!! I'll definitely share pictures of the party, too. I've been pinning ideas like crazy!


Three.
My room mom does appliques and made me this super cute t-shirt for my birthday. I love the chevron and polka dot combo and I really haven't seen any pocket t-shirts with the actual shape of the state sewn on. Cute, cute.


Four.
Do you have a Scentsy warmer? I have one and I love it...but I hate removing the wax from it. I saw somewhere that you're supposed to just pour the liquid wax back into the little container it came and reuse it, but I found that the wax loses its "scentsy-ness", so I just throw it away now. I found a super easy way to do this. I used this tutorial to clean out some of my Bath & Body Works candle jars and thought it would work on my Scentsy, too. It does!! Just put the part that holds the wax into the freezer for an hour or two, and the wax will break up easily with a butter knife! SO much easier than pouring hot wax onto a paper plate and waiting for it to harden so you can throw it away...not that I would try that or anything.

{Source}
Five.
I'm a sucker for anything baby related right now and these little videos are just precious. They show babies experiencing everything from fireworks to bubbles for the first time. And let's be honest. We've all wished we could do #6 before!


Have a great weekend, everyone!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

7 comments:

  1. New to your blog! I will be excited to see what yall are having! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Friday 5. Cute invitation! That baby gif is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rychelle! I'm so glad you visited! I will definitely be sharing our big news on the blog!! We are so excited! You have a great weekend, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shirt looked so cute on you! And I LOVE your gender reveal invites!! I wish we were sisters so I could see what cute decorations you end up having! Of course, if you want any help decorating I can always do that too! ;) I can't wait to find out!! Yay!! Oh, and side note about the breakfast stops on Fridays- have you had the chicken biscuits from Whataburger? It's chicken (like a chicken tender) with some sort of divine honey butter stuff....I've had 1 in my entire life and I have to stay away b/c they are SOOO yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! :) I'm really not planning an over the top party like on Pinterest...I'm trying to keep it simple or else I'll get stressed and I want it to be fun! I just knew I wanted to do the cake reveal thing so I decided to have a small party. :) I'll definitely share pictures of what I end up doing! And no, I've never had the Whataburger biscuit but it sounds AMAZING! I'll have to try it!


    Oh, and my nephew is getting better. He didn't have to get an IV and they were able to give him more meds. Apparently, he has a severe case of tonsilitis. I'm planning to text my brother today for an update. Thanks for asking, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1