Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Midweek Randoms {August 14, 2013}

Wow. Am I ever glad it's Wednesday!! I'm completely back in the mode of thinking, "Only ___ days until Friday" the very second that I open my eyes in the morning. I'm thankful for my job, I love getting to work with kids, but it's exhausting... especially at the beginning of the year! I hate wishing my life away, though, so I'm going to try to make a more conscious effort to not do that this year.

I'm hoping to have a few recipes to post soon, but...well, I haven't been doing a whole lot of cooking lately! {I always go through this phase when I start a new school year!} Hopefully, I'll get back into my routine soon. :) Anyway, I'm linking up with Megan again for Midweek Randoms.

  • I mentioned several weeks ago that we renovated our home office and that I would post a before and after. I totally intend to do that, but I keep waiting because I feel like I'm not completely done. Knowing me, though, I'll probably never feel like it's done, so I need to just go ahead and post it! I'm just going to go ahead and make that one of my weekend goals! :) Here's the sneak peek I posted last time I talked about it.
  • We had Meet the Teacher at our school last night and I got to meet most of my new students. It seems like I'll have a sweet class, but that first day of school will really tell me what I need to know. ;) It's always hard to start a school year with a new group of kids. I get so attached to my class from the year before that it feels like no other class will ever compare! {Dramatic, I know...} Don't worry, though, I'll give these new guys a chance. :)
  • Speaking of school, teachers {me included} are serious snackers...and I love it! There are snacks and treats *everywhere* this week! Donuts, juice, Cheez-its, granola bars, fruit, trail mix, candy...the selection is quite impressive. I love how the stress eating is encouraged and embraced. No teacher will ever judge another teacher on the pile of mini candy bar wrappers beside their professional development handouts. Oh, and if there are ever treats in the work room, you better get there early! :)
  • Okay, so I'm going to get a little mushy on you, but last weekend made me love my husband even more. He got home from work on Friday night and asked me what I wanted to do. You'll never guess what I said. Seriously. I told him that I wanted to go to school for a couple of hours to work. What?! On my last Friday of summer? I'm ridiculous, I know, but he didn't even hesitate. He just said, "Let's go." I love that man. I was feeling stressed because I'd gotten *several* e-mails telling me that stuff had been delivered to my room, so I knew I'd feel better if I got it all organized before Monday morning. Daniel helped me unpack and organize school supply boxes, label desks, and organize textbooks. Oh, and when I came home late from work last night, he was color coding 100 markers and 120 colored pencils with colored duct tape. Really, he deserves an award. {And I know I've posted a couple of these e-cards, but I seriously love them. They are hilarious!}
Probably from cutting all that laminated stuff...
  • We are pretty much hooked on Netflix. We love finding a series and having Netflix marathons on the weekends. I'd been hearing about the show "The Killing" on several other blogs so we decided to give it a try. We loved it! It had us guessing the entire time. It was a little grim because it was about a murder {obviously} and the fact that it was set in Seattle {seriously, always raining} made it extra gloomy, but we still really liked it. Anybody have any other Netflix suggestions?
{via}
  • We went on our "back to school" date last Saturday night at The Cheesecake Factory and I ordered their strawberry lemonade. Oh my goodness, this lemonade. I almost always get water at restaurants, but every time we go to The Cheesecake Factory, it's a *must* for me to order this lemonade. I love it so much that if they give me a refill when we're almost done with dinner, I ask for a to go cup! I just can't leave a whole glass of it on the table!! {I always feel stupid when I do this, but when we were waiting for our table I saw *several* people walking out with to go cups of strawberry lemonade. Apparently, I'm not the only superfan.} Anyway, I googled a copycat recipe and found this one that says it tastes similar. I'm *definitely* going to try it!!
{via}

  • Only 17 more days until football season starts! I'm *so* excited!! I do have a couple of "football food" recipes ready to share. I love making snacky {is that a word?}, appetizerish {definitely not a word} foods on Saturdays for us to eat while we watch the game. There's something so cozy about getting everything done around the house on Saturday morning and then getting all comfy on the couch with a yummy snack to watch the game. I can't wait!

Well, I hope y'all have a great rest of the week! Only 2 more days until Friday! ;)

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

6 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog within the last few weeks. It is so refreshing to read your posts and see what life is throwing your way. Yes, you have an amazing husband - a supportive one - and that is such a rare gift these days. Mine is that way too. I am so blessed.

    Our daughter (she's 20) just got a job working as a teacher's assistant at a local christian school. She's with 15 one year olds. She has fallen in love with these precious little tikes and brings home the funniest stories. My mom was a school teacher as well, so I can relate to much of your thoughts. :)

    Wishing you a wonderful and successful school year. My husband's a police officer and sees everyday where parents have neglected their kids....so let me encourage you this school year to reach out to these precious ones....often times you are the only source of love and encouragement they'll ever receive!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz! Thanks so much for your comment! It's so encouraging! :) I'm sure your daughter does have some funny stories. I really wish I would have written more down in my years of teaching! You are so right about teachers sometimes being the only source of love for some kids. I definitely try to remember that each day with these little ones!


    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,


    I just stumbled upon your blog via Midweek Randoms.



    I can't wait to see your renovated office. I'm sure it looks fabulous!


    Good luck with your first day of school. School starts so early in the US compared to Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you stopped by! :) Our office is still a work in progress, but it's a pretty great before and after. I'm planning to share this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I can hardly wait to see your home office! And I think I need some teacher snacks on my desk!!! Except I think Sophia will steal them, like she does all of my other snacks (Yesterday she pushed a chair up to where I had hid my box of candy and polished off a few pieces...) And Daniel totally deserves an award! That was so sweet!!! I don't usually like all these "oh my hubby" posts on blogs, but since you said 'husband' I kept reading ;) LOL!!! Again, so sweet!!!! And I've tried the copy cat recipe for the strawberry lemonade, you need to make it tonight! :) MMMM!!! OK, i'm done rambling.. Have a good rest of the back to school week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will never catch me calling Daniel "hubby." Major pet peeve of mine... Candy is a must on the teacher desk...especially around 1:30-2:00! :) Sophia cracks me up. That is too funny! I'm so glad that recipe is a good one. I'll definitely be trying it! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1