Friday, August 30, 2013

Pizza Bites {Football Food}

Only one more day until college football starts!!! Yay!! I am SO excited! I do love watching the game every week, but one of my favorite things about football season is having a reason to make fun appetizers and snacks. I shared the recipe for cheddar bacon dip last week which is of our favorites. It is so good! This week, I'm sharing another one of our favorites. Pizza bites!


These pizza bites are easy, cute, and most importantly, delicious! They also taste great at room temperature so you don't have to stress about keeping them warm. Just serve them with a side of your favorite marinara sauce and you have a great party snack. To make this recipe even easier, I always use pre-made pizza dough. I buy it in the bakery section at Publix. You could definitely make it with your own favorite pizza dough recipe, though.

Here's the recipe!

Pizza Bites
Makes about 20-24 bites
Printer Friendly Version

1 lb. pizza dough (enough for one whole pizza)
4 oz. mozzarella cheese (20-24 pieces)
Pepperoni

Topping:
olive oil
Italian seasoning
grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.  Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.  Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces.  Take one of the dough pieces, top with a cube of cheese and a slice or two of pepperoni.  Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed.  Place seam-side down in the baking dish.  Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.

Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.  Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired.

Source: Annie's Eats

Hope you love this one! Oh, and Roll Tide! :)

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so incredibly easy!! I guess I'll be pulling pizza dough out of the freezer here pretty soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish! I'm definitely gonna need to try these out. I'm positive the Mr. will love them!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1