Friday, July 11, 2014

Five on Friday {July 11, 2014}

Happy Friday, friends! I hope y'all have had a great week! We've had a pretty low key week here which is really nice from time to time. Other than running a few errands, we've been home most of the time. We have big plans for this afternoon, though. It's Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A and I have every intention of dressing Emery up like a cute little cow. Honestly, I've been waiting a few years to do this because I felt like just Daniel and I dressing up like cows would be ridiculous. It makes so much more sense to do it now that we have a baby...especially since she can't eat Chick-fil-A. Makes perfect sense, right? ;) I will definitely be sharing pictures of Emery, but that's probably where the pictures will stop!

Anyway, here's what's been going on in our little corner of the world for the past week... :)

One.
Emery had a great first Fourth of July. We had plans to go to a barbecue and fireworks show in my parents' neighborhood, and I have to admit that I was a little nervous about how she would do. She's gotten overstimulated pretty easily in the past, so I really was thinking that we probably wouldn't even last long enough to see any fireworks. She certainly proved me wrong! Shortly after we got there, she fell asleep in her stroller and slept the entire time we were eating. Then, she woke up to take her bottle and was perfectly happy for the rest of the time. The best part? She fell asleep *during* the fireworks. For real. She's just getting more and more laid back.

3-1/2 months old

I know she looks less than thrilled in a lot of these pictures. She smiles all the time during the day, but hardly ever when a camera is out. I'm really hoping that changes!




Two.
Daniel has been dying to do some work in our back yard ever since we moved into our house. I've been a little hesitant because, well...I don't do well with plants. I kill everything. Part of the problem could be that I hate watering them. Actually, I guess that's probably the entire problem. I just hate dealing with that darn hose and sweating within five seconds of stepping outside. Anyway. My mom is an expert in all things plants. {Why did I not inherit this?} They got to talking about the yard and got a plan. My parents came over on Saturday and Daniel, my mom, and my dad literally transformed part of our yard. I did very important things like getting everyone food and water and taking care of the baby. {In my defense, I did help unload all those stones from the truck.} I'm loving how everything looks and am so excited to work on the rest of the yard!

Here's the before...


And after...

Emery enjoyed a little sun that day, too. This is a rare occurrence for her due to her mother hating being in the Alabama summer heat.


Three.
Although we were incredibly productive this past Saturday, our typical Saturday includes a lot of HGTV. See, usually we just *talk* about all the things we want to do with our house, yard, etc... Last weekend, we actually *did* some of them! One of our favorite HGTV shows to watch is Fixer Upper. These people do *amazing* things with the scariest houses and they are so totally fun and cute to watch. I would be totally fine with buying the worst house imaginable in a heartbeat as long as Chip and Jo Jo were going to renovate it! And I actually want to be friends with them in real life.


I mean, just look at this before and after!!

{via}

Four.
Emery's nursery is coming along! I know, she's nearly four months old and it's not done. {Knowing me, I'll *never* be able to feel like it's completely done.} My mom and dad bought us a precious lamp to go next to the glider. It makes that corner of her room feel so cozy. I love it as much as you can possibly love a lamp. And that base...so pretty. I feel like it's so classic and that Emery will be able to keep it forever and use it in her own house one day with a different lamp shade. And now that I said that, I want to forget it because I don't want to think about my baby growing up and having her own house. As fast as time has been going, that day will be here in what will feel like approximately two weeks.


Five.
We're going on a date night tonight! Yippee!! We haven't gone on a date just the two of us since our anniversary, so I'm super excited. We're going to see a movie and I considered The Fault In Our Stars. But after everything I've heard, that one will be a Redbox. I prefer to ugly cry in the comfort of my own home, thank you very much. I think we're going to go see Tammy. Yep. I wasn't so sure about it, but we watched the trailer the other night and I died laughing 30 seconds in and told Daniel to stop it because I didn't want to ruin any of the movie. Seriously, Melissa McCarthy is just ridiculously funny. This SNL pizza skit owns me every time!!!

Whatever you end up doing this weekend, I hope y'all have a wonderful one! :)


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1