Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Creamy Lemon Pie {Weight Watchers Recipe}

So, it's no secret that I love sweets. I'm also doing Weight Watchers to get rid of this baby weight. That can present a problem. Remember that one time I bought a pile of clearance Easter candy at CVS with my Weight Watchers meeting name tag ON MY SHIRT?!?! 


Anyway, I'm happy to report that I did exercise self-control around all that candy and only had a little bit at a time. That's one of the things I love about Weight Watchers...it doesn't restrict anything. Tell me I can't have something and that's all I'm thinking about.

A sweet friend of mine brought us dinner one night after Emery was born and she made us this lemon pie. She knew I was doing Weight Watchers so she looked up a Weight Watchers friendly recipe. It was so, so yummy and didn't taste like a "diet" pie at all. Perfectly creamy and perfectly lemony. The fun thing is that you can change up the flavors of Jell-O and yogurt you use. I'm definitely planning to make one using lime Jell-O and yogurt and maybe strawberry, too.

Weight Watchers or not, this is a recipe I'm sure I'll make again and again!


Creamy Lemon Pie
Makes 8 servings
1/8 pie = 5 PointsPlus

8 oz package fat free Cool Whip
1 package sugar free lemon Jell-O (or another flavor)
1/4 cup boiling water
2 containers of lemon yogurt (or another flavor)
1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust

In a medium bowl, stir Jell-O into boiling water and whisk until completely dissolved (it will take a couple minutes of whisking). Stir in yogurt and Cool Whip and pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for a few hours until set.

Source: Weight Watchers


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

1 comment:

  1. Too cute that you would buy candy with the weight watchers tag! You exercised more restraint that I can because if I'm around candy, it is gone in minutes! I have to keep it out of my house. The recipe looks great - I'll definitely give it a try. Good luck with your weight goals!
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1