Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Emery's 1st Santa Visit {2014}

We had the best day today! Daniel took the day off of work and it was so nice to spend the day together. Emery had her 9 month check-up this morning at the doctor and we have a very healthy baby! Other than the shots, it was a great visit. Those shots seriously break my heart. She's as happy as can be, no idea what's coming, and then it hits her. She does this crazy cry where you can't even hear anything at first...you just see it on her face. It's awful.

Anyway, on to happier things! We came home so Emery could get a good nap because we had plans to take her to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa this afternoon! Her nap was cut short thanks to a delivery person ringing the doorbell when they put a package on the porch. WHY do they insist on ringing the doorbell?!?!

After a quick run through the Starbucks drive through for Mommy and Daddy, we were on our way to Bass Pro. They have the cutest little set up and we were there early enough that we only had to wait about 10 minutes. She was very patient... :)



Then it was our turn! She was very serious at first.


Then she started to notice him...


And it was over from there.


He was a very sweet Santa, but I think it was the beard that did him in.


Secretly {I guess not so secretly}, I'm happy to have this picture. It's a classic Christmas picture in a child's life, in my opinion. ;)


She was fine as soon as I picked her up!


I love those two cute little teeth!


After the Santa scare, we headed to the carousel!


After today's experience, I'm pretty sure we'll be riding the carousel any time we're near one. She *loved* it!


She checked it out for a minute... I love how she held on to the pole!


Ready to go!!



She started to try and pull herself up on that pole!


Happy girl!!



This was my favorite part... Her head is blurry in these pictures because she kept shaking it back and forth with the music!! Seriously one of the cutest things ever. I loved it so much!!



Riding the carousel with Mommy. :)



After all of the fun at Bass Pro, we headed to Chick-fil-A for dinner. Can I just stop for a minute and say how much I love Chick-fil-A? Love. It.

Emery sat in a high chair like a big girl and ate her dinner.


And then played with the empty baby food pouch the entire time Daniel and I ate. She loves those things, and I have to say, it made our dinner pretty easy since she was entertained.


Thank goodness for sticky place mats!! Silly girl...


I'm so thankful for this day with my precious little family! Emery is making me love the Christmas season even more than I already did!!! :)


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

4 comments:

  1. Love this.. We took our little girl to Bass Pro and it was crazy.. she DID not like it at all. I hope it will get better. What a cute pictures and how nice it is to spend time with your family!!

    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! You two absolutely captured the precious moments!!! Love the classic crying with Santa ones and aunt Allie definitely looks forward to taking her to a carousel sometime!! SO sweet!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. She just loved that carousel! We talked about it the rest of the night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is the BEST with a baby!! :) I'm sure it will get better...but if not, the crying pictures are pretty classic. :) Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1