Thursday, January 30, 2014

33 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

How Far Along: 33 weeks and 2 days

Size of Baby: According to BabyCenter and The Bump, the baby is the size of a durian {Isn't that the terrible smelling fruit?! Couldn't they have found a different comparison??} She's a little over 17 inches long and weighs just over 4 pounds.

Total Weight Gain: My doctor told me {without my permission!!!} last week that I had gained about 25 pounds. I did not ask, she just volunteered it. She did say that it was totally fine, though, so that made me forgive her a little bit.

Gender: It's a girl!!

Maternity Clothes: Oh my goodness, yes. I'm running out of shirts that fit. I refuse to buy more clothes that I'm only going to wear for less than 7 weeks, so my friends and family are just going to see the same outfits over and over again! :)

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Stretch Marks: A few, but I haven't found any new ones {yet}. I am being extremely faithful with the cocoa tummy butter.

Sleep: I'm still not sleeping great. I'm waking up really early and can't usually go back to sleep. It's getting me ready for the baby!!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really specific. I'm still on the brownie kick and even made some homemade ones yesterday since I didn't have a mix. We were in the middle of *Winter Gridlock 2014* and I couldn't go out to get one.

Symptoms: The worst right now is still the back pain. It makes leaning over even just a tiny bit almost impossible. And of course, it seems like now more than ever I'm dropping things all. the. time. The heartburn hasn't been as bad and the labored breathing has eased up, too. I did have some Braxton Hicks on the day it looked like I might get stranded overnight at school because of snow...more on that in another post.

Movement: Yes! I can tell she's getting stronger! I love, love, love it! :)

Mood: Very happy most of the time!! I'm crying *very* easily these days, though. It's not because I'm upset, but anything even remotely emotional gets me.

What I Miss: Being able to put shoes and socks on myself. I'm thankful for a sweet husband who is happy to help me. :)

Looking Forward To: We're planning to leave tomorrow afternoon for our babymoon in Nashville! We're going to the Opryland Hotel and I can't wait!! It is so beautiful there!

Best Moment This Week: Seeing Daniel drive up the driveway after we'd been apart nearly two days because of the snow and ice in Alabama. I was so, so thankful to have him home!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! If you have only gained 25 pounds congrats to you!!! I gained 45! LOL!!! Sorry about the back pain! I haven't forgotten how that felt yet. :( And yes it is so nice to have a helper for socks and shoes! It's somewhat humbling, especially asking a 5 year old for help hahaha! And have fun on your babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably more than 25 by now and I still have 7 weeks to go! I remember reading that Madeline had to help you put boots on...so funny! I can see a little perk of being pregnant in spring and summer because then you can wear flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing an awesome job if you've only gained 25 pounds girl!! You look amazing!! :) Glad the labored breathing seems to be better too. How awesome is it that you got 3 free days that don't have to be made up so now you're that much closer to your maternity leave!! What- 25 days now?! Hope you guys have the best time this weekend! Enjoy the time with Daniel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These 3 days have been an absolute blessing! Of course, the circumstances aren't so good, but I'm so thankful for the extra time. Now Daniel and I can leave earlier for our trip, too! I hope y'all have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, that's even better!! :) Thanks girl! We will! And hey- if anything we all definitely have to find the silver lining of the last 48 hours for sure!! And those 3 days is one of them!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1