Wednesday, November 20, 2013

23 Weeks


Click here to see my other weekly pregnancy update posts.
Click here to see my step-by-step chalk art tutorial.

I know...my chalkboards have been boring this week and last week. I have been tired! I promise I'll be back with a cute chalkboard for next week, though!! :)

How Far Along: 23 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is the size of a grapefruit, weighs a little over a pound, and is just over 11 inches long. I feel like she must be growing like crazy, because my belly looks *so* much bigger to me this week!!!

Total Weight Gain: +16 pounds, I gained 1.5 pounds this week.

Gender: It's a girl!!

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week...almost everything is maternity, except for a few things I can wear with the belly band.

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Stretch Marks: None yet. I'm still using cocoa butter lotion almost every day.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well this week!

Cravings/Aversions: Sugar, sweets, chocolate, you name it. I've especially enjoyed mint Oreos this week. I made baked zucchini fries one night for dinner {they turned out gross!!!} and thought they looked like rice krispy treats from a distance which prompted me to make a whole pan. I ate an embarrassing amount when they were warm and gooey. My mom gave me a bag of chocolate peanut butter popcorn last week, and it was gone in two days. It's bad, y'all. I've always loved sweets, but I was really hoping that not wanting them as much was going to continue. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. :-\

Symptoms: I've still been having Braxton Hicks contractions and sharp pains {I think this is ligament pain} several times a day on most days. I talked to my doctor about it and she said to call if they happen 6 times an hour or more. My skin is still dry, but not as bad as last week. I have Avon skin so soft lotion in my classroom that I won as a door prize for something at work, and one of my students told me when I was putting it on my hands that I smelled like her grandma! Ha!

Movement: She's moving more and more, especially right after I eat. I thought for sure that she was kicking hard enough for Daniel to feel her this weekend, but he still hasn't been able to feel it. I think it will be soon, though!

Mood: Happy!!!

What I Miss: Really nothing! I'm loving being pregnant right now, even with the minor symptoms!

Looking Forward To: Thanksgiving break!!!! I only have four more school days and then I'm free for a few days!!! So, so ready for this! I'm hoping to get some Christmas shopping done!

Best Moment This Week: Hearing that sweet heartbeat again at our doctor's appointment. It was 145 bpm this time which is super close to what it was last time, I think. We both just love hearing it every time!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear when Daniel can finally feel her!! I bet it's within the next week for sure!! :) I hate you're still having BH, but hopefully they'll fade when you have a break next week. Keep drinking that water and putting your feet up! I love your pink and grey combo you've got going on in your pic this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't even think about how I was wearing pink and grey! I guess I'm just naturally heading that direction. My parents are in Ohio this week and my mom is bringing me a gray paint color she used in an apartment that she thinks might work for the nursery! I'm ready to get started! Starting to get a little stressed... :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1