Monday, January 9, 2017

20 Weeks




How Far Along: 20 weeks and 2 days, I can't believe I'm halfway there already! 

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is about 6.5 inches long and weighs about 10.2 ounces.

Gender: It's a girl!! Her name is Sadie! Still working on a middle name...

Maternity Clothes: Definitely! For tops, I've bought several non-maternity tunics that go with leggings (because they're my favorite) and I like that I'll be able to wear them next winter, too. Even though I found a pair of maternity jeans that I like, they're definitely not my favorite. After having them a few weeks, they stretch out way too much.  If I'm at home, I'm most likely in pajama pants and big t-shirts like my 20 week picture. That was on a Sunday, but I changed out of my church clothes so fast once we got home and totally forgot to take my picture! 

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Stretch Marks: None yet...still using the belly butter. My skin is super dry (it was when I pregnant with Emery, too) so I'm using lots of moisturizers!

Sleep: It's been pretty inconsistent these last couple of weeks. Some nights it takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep, or I'll fall right to sleep and wake up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. This morning I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't get back to sleep.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm not really craving anything specific. I've wanted Mexican food a lot this past week, but that's actually pretty normal. 

Symptoms: For the most part, I'm still feeling good! I still have the stuffy nose and randomly plugged ears, but I know it could be worse. I feel like I've had a *little* bit of heartburn, but nothing major. I do get short of breath so fast right now, though...especially when I'm eating, which is just lovely. The nausea is a lot better. I've started taking half of the minimum dose of my nausea medicine just every other night, and I've been okay. I might get a little nauseated late at night, but usually if I eat some Wheat Thins or something, I'm okay.

Movement: I'm feeling her little kicks more and more, usually once I get still. It used to be just when I'd lay down in bed, but now I'm starting to notice them when I'm sitting playing with Emery or doing something like that. Daniel still can't feel her move, so I'm looking forward to that!

Mood: I'm feeling happy! I get a little overwhelmed when I think of everything we need to do, but I'm feeling happy most of the time!

What I Miss: I miss sleeping well consistently!! And I'd really like a steak, but that will have to wait!

Looking Forward To: We have our next doctor's appointment on Thursday and I'm excited about that because we'll have another ultrasound! I can't wait to see her moving around and hopefully get a glimpse of her sweet little profile. We're also taking Emery to the circus soon and I'm so excited for that! She loves animals, so I think she's going to love it!!

Best Moment This Week: We had a snow day last Friday, so Daniel got to stay home with us! It was so fun to get to stay home in our PJs all day with a cozy fire going. Emery loved the fire so much! She's been watching Frozen a lot lately, and she got close to the fire and said "This is heat. I love it!" like Olaf does. We died laughing!  We didn't actually get any snow, just lots of ice and sleet, but it was still nice to spend the weekend at home with my favorite people!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1