Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Rewind {August 26, 2013}

Hey everyone! I hope your Monday went well. I'm always glad to get Monday behind me...it's just not my favorite day of the week! I successfully made it through day six of this school year. I'm telling you, I thought there was no tired like teacher tired at the beginning of a school year...until I started a school year pregnant. I really considered laying my head down on my desk while my kids were at P.E. today! But...too much to do! I'm coming up on the second trimester and from what I hear, I'll feel like a superhero. I am really hoping that's true!! :)

Anyway, I thought I'd do a "weekend rewind" post today. It might seem boring, but this is one of the big reasons I started this blog. {Not to be boring, of course. :)} I wanted to have a way to remember the big and small moments of our lives. I know I'll love looking back on it someday. I will admit, though, that I had a major blogger fail and didn't take any pictures. I have GOT to get better at that!!

On Thursday afternoon, I saw a picture of Chuy's chips and salsa on someone's Instagram and decided right then that we *had* to go that weekend. I thought about it all day on Friday. We got there with the early birds at 5:45 thinking we wouldn't have to wait. Oh no. I'm convinced there's always a wait at Chuy's! We had to wait for an hour! It was worth it, though. We always eat a ton of chips, salsa, and creamy jalapeno dip and then share the chicken quesadillas. I would love to find a recipe for that creamy jalapeno dip. We've tried a couple of copycat recipes but they didn't come close.

After dinner we decided to go to Destination Maternity at the mall. It's getting harder and harder for me to find clothes that are comfortable. {Why can't I wear my yoga pants to school?} I got a few things that I'm hoping will last me my entire pregnancy. I'm really loving this dress. I'm hoping I can wear it with sandals while it's still warm and then transition to boots when it gets cooler. I haven't tried it on yet with boots, so I'll have to see.
{via}
I also bought this shirt. I think it will work until the end of my pregnancy. I love that it will look cute with khakis for work and jeans on the weekends.
{via}
We were totally planning to go to Auntie Anne's for a cinnamon sugar pretzel {yum!!} when we were done shopping, but the mall was about to close so we settled for milkshakes at Chick-fil-A instead.

On Saturday, Daniel had a men's breakfast at church and then helped one of his friends move, so I was on my own most of the day. I ended up doing all the laundry and making our grocery list for the week {using Southern Savers, of course}. I love it when I can get this kind of stuff done on Saturday! Then we don't have to worry about it on Sunday and can start the week in a somewhat organized way! :) Once Daniel got home, we headed to a late afternoon movie and dinner at Jim & Nick's. They have changed their menu and raised their prices, but we felt like the food was actually a little better. Their cheese biscuits are my favorite! I could go there and just eat those!

We ran our errands on Saturday night, and thanks to Southern Savers, we got $108 worth of groceries at Publix for $50! Sometimes I get tired of doing coupons, but when I see how much money I can save, it motivates me to keep using them!

I was scheduled to sing on praise team on Sunday morning at church so we had to go a little early. We sang two of my favorite songs! I've posted about one before...Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher. The other one is a song that I got to sing on Sunday...O the Blood by Kari Jobe. I love, love, love this song. O what love, no greater love. Grace, how can it be? That in my sin, yes, even then, He shed His blood for me! 



We spent the rest of our Sunday doing a little cleaning and catching up on shows we had DVRed. Sunday night always comes too soon, am I right? :)

If you made it this far, thanks for visiting! Stay tuned this week...I'm going to post about how I made our pregnancy announcement chalkboard.

I hope y'all have a wonderful week!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that song, O the Blood. First time I'd heard it and LOVE it!! Such a worshipful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was able to introduce it to you! I love it so much, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41563965-1