Sunday, May 14, 2017

38 Weeks




How Far Along: 38 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, the baby is about 19.6 inches long and weighs about 6.8 pounds. Sounds a lot like birth weight!! 😳

Gender: It's a girl!! Her name is Sadie Hope!

Maternity Clothes: Yep, I've worn that coral shirt in the picture above the last 3 out of 4 Sundays. I'm ready for some new clothes!

Wedding Rings On/Off: On, still noticing some swelling in my hands. 

Stretch Marks: Definitely some new ones on my hips, and a few small ones around my belly button, which I was really hoping wouldn't happen. It's almost like I can actually feel my skin stretching. My belly is kind of itchy and it just feels like it's pulling. I'm also a little paranoid. It can't get that much worse in the time I have left, though.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping remarkably well! I wake up kind of early, but I'm sleeping through the night most nights! 

Cravings/Aversions: Still nothing super specific...just enjoying all the foods I can in the time I have left!

Symptoms: Nothing really new, just more of the same. More slow, more uncomfortable, more achy. 😉 A little heartburn still, a little swelling, and my ears have been plugging a little more often again. 

Movement: Lots and lots of kicking and stretching going on! She really seems to like to put her feet (I think?) up into my ribs on my right side. I can't wait to see those little feet!

Mood: I'm basically feeling every possible feeling that can be felt, which is pretty typical for me. I'm so excited to meet Sadie and see Emery and my family with her, but I'm nervous about adjusting to a new normal. I'm praying that we all make a smooth transition. 

What I Miss: Definitely the same as last week--Being comfortable, having energy, and moving around like a normal person!

Looking Forward To: We're going to try and fit in a lot of fun things this week. We have an early doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we're all going to go out for donuts first. Emery and I are going to go get mommy/daughter mani/pedis one day, and I've still got to do my big Trader Joe's trip! Most of all, we're looking forward to meeting Sadie!

Best Moment This Week: We've been getting out more baby things this week and one of them was the Pack & Play. Emery was so excited to see it all set up {she calls it the "packing play"} and immediately got some of her loveys to put in there. She got her pillow from her bed and a blanket and put Curious George to bed. She sang "O How I Love Jesus" to him {she calls it "O"}, asked "You want 'O' one more time, George?" just like we ask her, turned the lights off, and told him to have a good night's sleep. She also put Ellie right beside him. It was too sweet. We're praying she's like that with Sadie!


We also had a sweet Mother's Day today. I love this sweet picture! 💕




post signature
Follow on Bloglovin  follow us in feedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41563965-1